GRACE focuses on advocacy and communication related to packaging sustainability and a net zerocarbon emissions circular economy. It promotes the environmental benefits of beverage cartons, advocates for effective public policies and regulation and supports measures to significantly increase beverage carton recycling.
GRACE will start operating from the Brussels-based European beverage carton association ACE (Alliance for Beverage Cartons and the Environment), which is dedicated to advocacy and communication and from EXTR:ACT, the industry’s platform dedicated to supporting collection and recycling in Europe. The founding members of ACE, EXTR:ACT and GRACE are Elopak, SIG Combibloc, Tetra Pak, BillerudKorsnäs and Stora Enso. GRACE will liaise with existing associations representing beverage cartons in different regions of the world and will support the industry alignment on subjects of common interest. The medium-term objective is to expand GRACE’s activities and membership to collaborate with other value chain partners sharing similar interests.
The GRACE Recycling Manager will coordinate and support activities on recycling in liaison with the GRACE members. She/he will compile information on recycling globally and liaise with relevant national or regional industry platforms. She/he will monitor progress of collection and recycling against agreed objectives/targets.
The Recycling Manager will be employed by ACE and shall report to the GRACE Coordination Committee representing the founding member companies of GRACE for strategic and content-related decisions. She/he will be based in Frankfurt in the EXTR:ACT offices.
The Recycling Manager shall coordinate and support GRACE’s activities on recycling by:
• Coordinating the work of a dedicated Task Force to facilitate exchange of information on potential projects between the GRACE founding members and support the needed activities.
• Monitoring global developments with regards to recycling.
• Support, as relevant, local initiatives to support beverage carton collection and recycling.
• Develop industry-wide recycling guidelines.
• Cooperate with other relevant national or regional industry platforms on common issues.
Experience and skills:
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience preferably related to waste and recycling and/or the packaging industry.
• Degree in environmental engineering, sciences, policy or public affairs or similar.
• Languages: Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages an asset.
• Knowledge of the packaging industry, recycling, waste management.
• Networking and communication skills. Strong ability to build relationships and coalitions.
• Self-going personality with good inter-personal skills, culturally sensitive, good understanding
of the corporate environment and leadership.
Information and applications:
ACE Director General